A few weeks ago I was browsing Goodwill for a pair of pants, instead I found this diamond in the rough for $2.
It was a good size and didn’t have too many tacky “things” on it that would need to be removed, so I bought it. I used my scissors and wire cutters to remove the ghastly bow and “crystallized fruit”, I did save the little birds nest that were on it though. After everything was off I fluffed up the branches a bit, making it appear more full.
I ventured out at about 8pm on Black Friday to grab these little things from Micheal’s. They had a huge selection of do-dads for making your own wreath.
I only used one of each bunch of berries, and about half of each spool of ribbon. I started by ripping the silver berries off the large stem, and then using their wire to wrap it around different wreath branches. Then I filled it in more with the aqua berries. I wanted the birds/nests to be a bit symmetrical at the top of the wreath, I spaced them out enough that I could put a large ribbon in the center and hang it. After everything else was on I tied a bunch of small ribbons and adhered them to the wreath using some 24 gauge wire I had (I would recommend something a bit heavier).
I wanted something simple but pretty and was very happy with the results! It now hangs on our front gate, welcoming all who visit!
All together it took me about an hour to create and cost me approx. $9. I could maybe be talked into making a smaller one…if anyone is interested. Go forth and create! Happy Holiday decorating!