- FYI, I got 10/12 items crossed off yesterday’s to-do list. The blanket didn’t get worked on, the cub scout activity was not planned, and it turns out emma’s dress needs more alterations.
- service. i like to help people. i hate seeing people in need and doing nothing. the hardest part of serving for me is the listening. i’m more than happy to bring you a cake if you’re feeling blue, or dinner if you’ve had a baby- that comes easily to me. however the real sacrifice of service to me is the sitting. the just being there and listening, or holding a hand, or providing a shoulder for tears. it’s not that i don’t want to do these things (i really really do) but they don’t come natural to me. this is a character flaw that bothers me. i want to be the listener.
- i agreed to put together a web page for my son’s schools silent auction. again with the liking to help, but i hate building web pages. for me it is like having a basic understanding of the french language and then being thrown into the heat of paris and trying not to get burned; constantly looking into the french/english dictionary for help. sigh.
- i don’t like Halloween. it seems like a lame holiday to me, although i realize lots of people like it. i don’t dress up, neither does aaron. i like to sew and be creative, but i hate sewing my children Halloween costumes (but i am too snobby to buy pre-made costumes). my son wants to be a bat. i’m thinking black t and shorts with imitation organza sewn to the sleeves for wings…maybe some black sequins along the edges of the wings, and some plastic fangs. the daughter doesn’t know what she wants to be, i’d like her to be little red riding hood but i just don’t think i’m up for making it. any 3yo girl suggestions?
ok, this post is starting to sound too negative for me…let’s add some sunshine for your tuesday morning pleasure. positive things on my mind.
- i love my life, and am grateful everyday for it (really!). i’m thankful for my health, my family, my sewing machine… i’m so grateful for the opportunities i have to earn an income (in a creative outlet kind of way) from the comforts of my home while i tend my little monkey’s. it’s more the creative expression than the money that makes IT for me.
- having my husbands siblings live close by- really awesome. having family support is vital the older my kids get. example? i’m not very good at scienc-y things, so, i’m roping one of my husbands brothers into doing a science fair project with my son.
- it’s fall, i really like fall. sunday nights low was 44degrees!!! they are expecting temps near the low 90′s by friday, but i’m soaking up the cold front as best i can
- i have a few ideas up my sleeve for an october giveaway (probably next week), i think everyone will really like this one! so tell your friends and come back.
Oh- one last thing. lately i’ve been playing around with the idea of creating a “i read HHD” button for people to post on their blogs. what do you think, would you want one?