Every year I keep track of the books I read so when december comes I can feel like I accomplished something. Is there a book you just loved, leave me a comment, I love suggestions!
1. The Friday Night Knitting Club This book was alright. I didn’t like it enough to read the sequel.
2. Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time I liked this book for the insight it gave me on how men view marriage and relationships. I really found it illuminating. I was familiar with some of the music he and his wife recorded on their mixed tapes, but not much- mostly because I was still in Jr High at the time.
3. American Wife: A Novel (Random House Reader’s Circle) This was a fictionalized version of the GW Bush and Laura Bush story. It was a well crafted and interesting story. Having read Laura Bush’s biography I read this book seeing all the glaring differences.
4. The Dressmaker: A Novel I enjoyed this story of a Parisian dressmaker who under values himself and through the love of a woman he begins to realize his potential. I think part of the reason this story appealed to me was because I too sew clothing and i understood and appreciated the details of sewing in the story.
5. A Hundred Summers I loved this story because it was set in NY during the 30’s, but the story is captivating too! A story of love and jealousy and family obligations. There were some crude parts as well…
6. Summer People: A Novel (P.S.) I did not like this book. It was equal parts lame and vulgar. There was almost no plot.